Jesus and Animals  

Posted by Daniel in ,

I'm really not sure why I even thought about this the other day, but I did. I was wondering how animals reacted around Christ. As far as I am aware there are only two instances mentioned of Jesus around animals, the pigs that He sent the demons into, and then the donkey He rode into Jerusalem. However, these accounts really don't say anything about how the animals reacted to Christ. I was just wondering if animals reacted normally, or if they were extremely docile or something. Just random thought I had, any thoughts anyone?

This entry was posted on Friday, June 18, 2010 at Friday, June 18, 2010 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Hmmm, definitely an interesting thought! I know in Revelation and other prophetical books it talks about there being different kinds of creatures in heaven, and then there was also a good possibility that God was around animals in the Garden of Eden when He would walk in the garden. I would imagine though that there would be something pretty neat and different about the way animals would act around Jesus, but who knows? In Psalms it talks about it being because of the Lord that the deer give birth and Jesus said not one sparrow falls to the ground without the Father knowing about it so He's definitly involved in nature! But, for what it might look like, I don't know! It's a neat thing to ponder though. :)

June 19, 2010 at 11:32 AM

Hello there, I just came across your blog via someone's profile/following link and thought I should drop a comment. Your post about Jesus and animal's is a thought provoking one. I would say that they may have acted in their usual manner but never would have been aggressive or dangerous since Jesus was their master and has dominion over them. That's just my thoughts about it. =)

June 26, 2010 at 2:31 PM

Woooooow, that's a good and interesting thought!

July 1, 2010 at 9:23 PM

Whoops, seemed to have slipped my mind.

Elizabeth - I'm glad you're here, where exactly did ya find me? That does make sense, especially taking into consideration how the element reacted around Jesus. However, I kinda like to think they would act special around Him heh.

July 1, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Post a Comment