Oeufs a la neige, aka Poached Meringues  

Posted by Daniel in , , ,

I found this recipe through a friends blog, who had it from another blog... It looked rather tasty, so I tried it. As anticipated, it twas rather tasty, though the sauce is very sweet, though that might be just cause I had to mess with things a bit... *Insert Side Note* Is "cause" a legitimate word? *End Side Note* The recipe is here, if you would like to try your hand at these tasty, and yet slightly annoying poofie things.If anyone has made these, or something similar, and has advice please give it.

 

Bad egg, yummy!
 
First attempt at doing the meringues, as i'm sure some of you can tell it started to break...

AND it really broke now... I did cook some of them but they were sad indeed.

Second attempt, YAY!!!! it worked, mostly lol, it was not quite as firm as the recipe said it was supposed to be, but idk lol. I think I should have tried whisking the first batch more after adding the sugar and such, but such is life.
Cooking los meringues... It had lots of fun boiling up and being a pain...

The meringues after having been cooked. NOT what they are supposed to look like, but tasty still.

The sauce!

Cooking the sauce!

Sauce in bowls

Finished product

Finished product from a different angle...


So there you have it, poofy things in sauce!

So some of you  know I have stomach pain problems that I STILL have not figured out what causes it, even after 2 years of trying different things. So even though I've done it before, I think I'm going to try and not drink coffee for a week or so, doing only tea. So I would much appreciate prayers to be able to stick to it.

This entry was posted on Saturday, February 27, 2010 at Saturday, February 27, 2010 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

no coffee for a week? wow...i will surely be praying. :) you may try taking out dairy...that gives me stomache problems unless i drug myself. and yes, 'cause' is a word in my opinion. :)

February 27, 2010 at 9:06 PM

But but! I live off of cheese... And this summer I ate a TON of cheese (yes literally a ton), and I had no problems. I also didnt have problems if i kept my coffee consumption low lol... So idk, I guess we shall soon see lol.

February 27, 2010 at 9:19 PM

fine!!! it was just a suggestion!lol..you know, you really should have an allergy test...then you'd know what your problem is.

February 27, 2010 at 9:52 PM
Me being too lazy to log into my own blog...  

That is true, and yes I probably should, but they arnt exactly cheap...

February 27, 2010 at 9:54 PM

The "poofy things in sauce" look good:) That last picture looks really nice.
I'll keep you in prayer in the week without coffee:(

Marci

February 28, 2010 at 9:55 AM

Post a Comment