Books Suggestions  

Posted by Daniel in

So I want to start reading more, and not that I can't just wander through the aisles of Half Price or the library, and pick up what strikes my fancy, nut I would like a wee bit of guidance. So if y'all  have any suggestions for good books, i'm thinking more fiction, but I'll think about all, please let me know. If for some odd reason you are ashamed of your reading list hehe, emailing me or facebook or something is ok too.
Thanks in advance!

PS
Hopefully later this afternoon or tomorrow I will have up my next TULIP post, for those of you who eagerly await it, along with working on my Bible study lesson and trying not to feel like I've been run over by a truck.

This entry was posted on Sunday, February 28, 2010 at Sunday, February 28, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

7 comments

I just finished reading
"Kidnapped" by Robert Louis Stevenson. It was awesome, just a real good adventure story, set in Scotland(very cool:)of the mid 1700's.
My brother really likes "My Side Of The Mountian" and "Pilot Down, Presumed Dead"

"Keeper of the Bees" by Gene Stratton Porter, I don't know if this might be considered a girl book, but it is told through the eyes of man,a wounded WWI vet.

For a flavor of the west Louis L'Amour books(I don't know if that is you or not:). The Bowdrie titles are awesome, about a Texas Ranger.

I love reading!

February 28, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Grace likes Elmer Kelton's books (as in she read them all), but I've never been able to complete one.

I'd either have to go look at my fiction shelf and reading list or get some coffee to remember some titles or authors.

Well, that is besides Jane Austin and historical themed books. lol

February 28, 2010 at 10:52 PM

Fantasy: The Warrior Heir series (there's three) by Chima. She has really lame editing but it's a good story. You probably won't notice the faulty grammar/punctuation.

The Inkheart series by Funke. They're good, really. Last one's the best.

Neverwhere by Gaiman. Best. Book. Ever.

Not fantasy:
The Folded World by Amity Gage. It's weird and good.

Graphic novels, also good: Robot Dreams by Varon (there's no words!!)

And The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Trilogy (all four of them; and yes, there are FOUR in this trilogy).

March 3, 2010 at 9:44 PM
Anonymous  

Twilight series... ;) amazing...Go team Jacob...

March 3, 2010 at 10:15 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions, keep them coming.

As for you twilight person, the fact that you won't leave your name confirms that you are ashamed of your choice. :-p Plus I have it from multiple reputable sources that twilight fails...

March 3, 2010 at 10:22 PM
Anonymous  

Hahah...so mean Daniel...gosh. I mean, just because Twilight was poorly edited and badly written, debatably so, :P doesn't mean you have to be so mean to its fans!

p.s. I like posting anonymously, so I can't get publicly flogged for my tastes...gee wiz.

March 3, 2010 at 10:44 PM

Not fiction, but I LOVE this book. "Life Quest" by Carey Schmidt. "Wuthering Heights" is, in my view, an epic, though tragic, and not even sure if most guys like that kind of stuff! lol... and the Bible! hahaha

March 5, 2010 at 10:39 PM

Post a Comment