TULIP: Introduction  

Posted by Daniel in , ,

As I've been talking to people and just thinking about it, I believe that there are quite a few people who do not understand the TULIP or that it is indeed based on Biblical evidence. So my endeavor over the next couple weeks will be to explain each point, and to give the Biblical reasons behind each one.

So starting out for those of you who still don't know what I'm talking about lol. TULIP is also known as the five points of Calvinism, it's an acrostic for five very important Biblical principles: Total depravity, Unconditional election, Limited atonement, Irresistible grace, Perseverance of the saints. I would also like to point out that while I consider myself a Calvinist on many things, I fully understand that John Calvin was simply a man, and as such was a complete sinner. While this is so, I also believe he taught many good, Biblical things, I only follow those principles which are Biblical. While Calvin did believe in infant baptism or paedobaptism, I do not because I believe that the Bible teaches otherwise. I do my best though to search out all my beliefs in the Bible, and ascertain whether they are correct or not. Therefore I believe that the TULIP, while it is a man Organized concept, it is 100% Biblical.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 12, 2010 at Tuesday, January 12, 2010 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Anonymous  

What does Limited atonement entail? Maybe it just sounds weird and it will make sense once I understand it, but unconditional election and limited atonement doesn't sound like it goes together. Please explain? :)

January 15, 2010 at 11:39 AM

Well I'll certainly go into it in detail, but the basic concept is that Jesus only died for those people who will be Christians, not for everyone, as is widely taught. If Christ truly died for everyone, who was, is and is to come, everyone would go to heaven, no matter what. That is the power of Christ's blood, because His death fulfilled the requirement for our death because of our sins. So whether someone wanted to believe or not, if Christ died for all, all would be saved. Since He had payed the price for their sins.

Hopefully that clears it up some for you.

January 15, 2010 at 12:03 PM

Post a Comment