Berries!  

Posted by Daniel in , ,

I went berry picking this morning with my mama, and a home school family from church. It was very enjoyable, and in some ways relaxing as well. Its kinda sad to think that so many people are detached from how their food gets to them. Granted yes, modern conveniences are a wonderful thing, and yes, its nice not having to grow all our own food. However, I think so many people just don't know how it happens, and the wonderful miracles God has put on this earth, and its a shame. Ah well, there goes my rant for the day lol.



It was a rather decent size field by the side of the road. 



I realize this has nothing to do at all with berries lol. This is one of the entrances to Sienna Plantation, and those pink flowers just looked fake, even though I know they were not.


P.S. I'm going to try and finish my TULIP series soon, lol, people were SUPPOSED to respond to my downloads post but I guess no one cares...

This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2010 at Wednesday, April 28, 2010 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

the me  

I dislike berries (I hate the seeds), but I have picked blackberries and blueberries before. Fun. :)

Also - you have a tag called Footography? What is that, photography of your foot? Maybe you should call it foodography. :D

April 28, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Well that is true, seeds are kinda annoying, but without the seeds there are no more berries... Plus it depends on the kind of berry.

I figured that was the best was to spell it, and what if it is pictures of my feet!? :-p

April 29, 2010 at 7:36 AM

We've been doing some berry picking (and made a cobbler) this season too. I don't like the berries but I like picking and cooking them:)

April 29, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Libby & Timothy found a whole patch of dewberries yesterday ("Just don't tell Linnea or she'll take them all") so hopefully we will have some pies in the very near future. And then do some blueberry picking at the local pick-them-yourself farms.

Oh, I didn't respond to the downloads post? I thought I had. I guess I thought about the answers so much I never posted it. Maybe my mom's right--I am ADD. lol

April 30, 2010 at 12:03 PM

Post a Comment