How far do we go...  

Posted by Daniel in ,

I have had the conversation with friends about companies that support any practice that we have a problem with, and how much should we buy from them. We try and stay away from them when we can, but it's not always possible. So I was wondering how much should we try and boycott a company over an issue, what issues should those be, and when do we say "its their choice to sin and not ours, and its not a big deal to buy from them"? Issues could be, abortion, homosexual marriage, support of a political candidate, environmental issues, or all sorts of things, basically anything that you feel is wrong.

Thoughts?
Daniel

P.S.
I edited the wording of my post on the advice of my mother.

This entry was posted on Sunday, September 20, 2009 at Sunday, September 20, 2009 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Hey man, great thought-provoking post! I know there are some places our family absolutely will not go and some businesses we will not support because of what THEY support or promote. As a general rule we do our best to avoid giving our business to stores and such that promote liberal or immoral practices and agendas, but sometimes we have a need and a particular store is the easiest thing at the time. If there is a BETTER option, we try to take it.

September 22, 2009 at 7:43 PM

Hey, well I will not go to a store that supports things I'm against. Such as Abercrombie and Fitch which supports homosexuals and abortions. I WILL not buy any thing there. I believe we need to stand strong and go against these stores, because our money will be supporting their business. It seems as if many of these stores are beginning to support more and more immoral things. How terrible and sad this all is! Well, I think as being Christians we should be wise with what we do, and where we go and shop/buy.

September 23, 2009 at 6:16 PM

Post a Comment